Are you ready to start building your email newsletter? If so, I hope that you are using Thrive Leads and WordPress. With this winning combo you will build beautiful WordPress Pop Ups that people will pay attention to.
You may have heard a nasty rumor that email is dead. I am here to tell you that is not true.
Not even close.
Bonus: Download a free checklist of the first plugins that I always install on a new WordPress Blog.
I was talking to my publisher the other day about marketing strategies for my next book, and do you know the first question they asked?
How big is your email list?”
Not: “How many RSS subscribers do you have?”
Or: “How many ‘hits’ does your blog get?”
Nope. None of that.
Email is not dead!
In this tutorial you will learn how to create a spectacular WordPress Pop Up. Are you ready?
- A Self Hosted WordPress Blog
- An Email Software Client Such as MailChimp
- Thrive Leads
- You will also need to already have connected your Email Software to Thrive. If you haven't done that then you can reference my YouTube Video or Blog Post on how to do that. I will link these down below.
- Log into WordPress
- Scroll down
- Click on 'Thrive Dashboards'
- Click on 'Thrive Leads Dashboard'
- Create a new Lead Group by clicking 'Add New' or Open your already created Lead Group
- In the pop up name your Lead Group
- Click on 'View Details'
- On the column for 'Lightbox' click on add button on the right
- Click on 'Create Form'
- Name your form
- Click on Blue Edit Form button
- Edit Template (See Video on exactly how)
- Click on 'Subscribe'
- Click on 'Connect With Service'
- Create a 'New Connection'
- Clik on 'API connection'
- Select your email service
- Select your desired email list
- Choose either 'Double Opt-in' or 'Single Opt-in'
- Click on 'Save'
- Save Your Work in the Top Right Corner (Green Save Changes Button)
Tip: Name your Lead Groups with a smart name. When I first started using Thrive Leads, I would just name my lead groups '1, 2, 3 etc' and that was a terrible idea. Instead your lead group something meaningful such as the keywords of your content upgrade or you target category.
Tech Tip: You can rename your lead groups and opt-ins in Thrive Leads. All that you have to do is click on the pencil icon next to the title.
Here Are A Few Thoughts On Why You Should Start Building Your Email List Now
This video below is from Dereck of Social Triggers. This guy doesn't mess around, he always gets directly to the point. He says that email marketing is more important and way more valuable than social media marketing. Check out the video to learn even more.
People who have subscribed to your email list have done so because they are interested in your products/services. They want to be kept up to date about what you’re doing, and on what’s happening with your company/organisation.
66 percent of online consumers made a purchase as a result of an email marketing message…. Source: DMA
I hope that this tutorial helps you on your blogging journey. If you would like to know more about Thrive Leads then you should check out my in-depth review of features.