In this podcast we are going to get down to it with a conversation about Do these 5 things before submitting your site to search engines and then we are going to discuss a quick tip from the previous podcast, a quick SEO tip.
Tip from the previous podcast #43: What’s in a Twitter Name? Everything that you can fit into it.
Let’s talk about bad Twitter stuff.
Examples of Bad Twitter Names:
3. Avoid numbers, strange characters or underscore. These items are more difficult for all us smart phone users out there and they are just awkward. If any of these items are relevant to your brand and will help in the search then by all means ignore this rule.
SEO Tip: from Moz
Now, I think that this is entire post from Moz is incredibly important. I am going to post for you the last statement from them in their post below:
Just like with weight loss, doing things the right way (the hard way) may not work as fast, but it will work for longer. Every time your competitors get slapped down for their SEO tricks, they have to spend a few months fixing everything and making up for the rankings they lost when their tricks stopped working, then finding a new trick and implementing that. You get to spend that same time building your foundation even stronger. Over time that’s going to make for a solid, well ranked, algorithm-proof site.
SEO Tactics that Never Stop Working
We talk a lot about how SEO changes all the time, but in the 6 years I’ve been doing this, here are some things that have never stopped working for me:
- Find the terms that people are using to search for your products, and then talk about your products on-site using those terms, without using them so much you sound crazy.
- Make sure a search engine can find every page on your site, read the content and figure out what the page is about (i.e. what keywords it should rank for).
- Fix the broken stuff on your site, remove duplicate content and make the whole site faster.
- Create interesting, relevant, fresh content that is designed to engage users and encourage them to share it.
- Build links to your site from other high-authority sites with which you share a topic or audience – better yet, build relationships with those sites that can earn you links again and again.
- Make sure you’ve got a good experience for users once they get to the site: the content they see is the content they wanted. That’s what search engines want to happen, and that’s how users give you money.
Note: In this podcast we have covered quite a few SEO tips already. I love SEO and we will be talking about it quite often over the next 50 plus podcast here and there but after this podcast, I am going to mix up my tips for the day to include WordPress, Writing Etc. I started this podcast with SEO tips on a regular basis because the foundation of those tips is crucial. You want to make sure that you get all of those basics right. Basically, I have said all that I have to say about that right now and now let’s have some fun on other tips. Of course, what fun would that be without the information next, which is really just a recap of all that we have talked about in the first 43 podcast.
What you will learn in this podcast about Things to do before submitting website:[list style=“star”]
- 1. Add Meta Tags Titles, Meta Tag Keywords and Meta Descriptions to All Your Pages.
- 2. Delete All Unused Pages.
- 3. Have a Good 404 Page.
- 4. Pre-Write your Meta Description.
- 5. Check your Site in All Browsers.
Read the full original article 5 Things to do before submitting your website search engines.
Special Blog Setup Offer:
If you buy hosting using my affiliate link below, I will install WordPress on your hosting for free. Click on the link below, purchasing your hosting and email me with the details.
Thank you so much for stopping by my show notes for this podcast.
[su_box title=”What do you think?” box_color=”#81c11d” radius=”6″]Would you change this list in any way? [/su_box]
I would love your comments and feedback. Also, if you have any questions that you would like discussed in future episodes, please either leave them in the comments below or shoot me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can listen to all of my podcast at:
Don’t forget to clickety on my PDF download of Tips on Blogging for Business. It covers some tips about the Yoast Plugin and a few others that I install on all of my clients’ blogs.