In this episode we are going to discuss a quick tip from the previous podcast and then we are going to discuss the a few questions that you should ask a developer before you hire one.
Tip from Podcast 31: Do you have this problem? The Problem with Perfection!
Here are a few ideas on how to combat perfectionism.
- Have a plan. Detail it out! Make sure there are true action items. For example, I want to record 50 podcasts. This means that I have to have 50 outlines and then I have to record them.
- Set a time limit Figure out how much time you are going to allow yourself to complete a tasks. Then force yourself to stay within that timeframe. For example, you may set a timer for writing a blog post. Allow yourself 1 hour for writing and 30 minutes for editing. After that you have no choice but to release it.
- Sure, at first you will think of a million things that you could have added, changed or made better. But guess what else will happen! You will have a blog post. Possible callout point here that requires a box.
Now let’s get down to it and discuss questions to ask your blog developer.
Below is a list of questions that I cover in the podcast. It is important to know all of the facts before you enter into a hosting situation with a web developer. There are quite a few advantages to using your developer as your host. However, before you we go head strong into such a situation make sure that you understand the answers to all of these questions.[custom_list icon=”check”]
- Who is hosting?
- If by developer what happens if we need to divorce?
- If by developer what happens if you go out of business?
- If by developer what happens if I want someone else to make changes?
- Do I get cpanel access?
- What is my FTP username and password?
- Do I get database access?
- What is your process?
- What happens if work you fall behind madam developer?
- What happens if I fall behind madam developer?
- What platform do you build on?
Special Blog Setup Offer:
If you buy hosting using my affiliate link below, I will install WordPress on your hosting for free. Click on the link below, purchasing your hosting and email me with the details.
Thank you so much for stopping by my show notes for this podcast.
[su_box title=”What do you think?” box_color=”#81c11d” radius=”6″]Please tell us your experiences with web hosting. Do you have a tip for your fellow blogger?[/su_box]
I would love your comments and feedback. Also, if you have any questions that you would like discussed in future episodes, please either leave them in the comments below or shoot me an email at email@example.com.
You can listen to all of my podcast at:
Don’t forget to clickety on my PDF download of Tips on Blogging for Business. It covers some tips about the Yoast Plugin and a few others that I install on all of my clients’ blogs.