The more time that you spend on a title the better that it will be.
I wrote well over 40 blog post titles before I settled on a title for this post. The rule of thumb that I have always heard is to write at least 10 titles before you even stop to analyze one.
Have I lost my ever loving mind?
The title of your blog is the most important part of your blog until it isn’t. You only have a few words to draw the reader in.
The title is your moment to entice them so don’t waste it.
Would you like a few tips?
1. Put your keyword in your title.
2. Be creative and don’t be shy.
3. Tell them what they will experience.
4. Give yourself a break, it is not as easy at it looks.
You only have about 56 characters to rock your readers world. However, the real factor in character count is about the width of the character.
Don’t be, there are tools that can help you every step of the way in creating a high performing blog post title.
Blog title resources that will make you smile:
1. How to write a successful headline by CoSchedule http://coschedule.com/blog/write-a-headline/
2. Headline Analyzer tool: http://coschedule.com/headline-analyzer
3. Emotional Headline Analyzer: http://www.aminstitute.com/headline/
A blog post title is not a lifetime commitment. The only lifetime commitment in blogging is your permalink. If you change it, you will have 404 errors and big giant mess.
I just lied to you but it was for your own good.
Permalinks can be changed but they require an ugly process called creating a 301 redirect. Trust me, you don’t want to go there.