Sometimes it is a good idea just to put out a list of quick tips. I am re-reading the book by Pro Blogger 31 Days to Build a Better Blog and it is still just as good now as it was in 2012. Click here to view more details
One of the first thing that he has a blogger do is write a list post. As he points out in the book there are many different ways to do a list post. I actually do list post often because my goal is to provide direct tips, ideas and concepts.
One of the things that he brought up in the book that I do not do often is do a list without going into details. He said that sometimes people just like lists along. After thinking about it for a bit I realized how right he is. Some of my favorite blog posts from other is nothing but a list of direct tips or ideas. So here is a list of 8 things about your blog platform from me.
- Build your blog on WordPress. This is nothing against other platforms. WordPress just offers every plugin imaginable.
- Make sure that you are using a good seo plug-in such as Yoast.
- Sign up for askimet.
- Create a google analytics account.
- Create a google webmaster account.
- Don’t forget about Bing. It does matter. Create a Bing Webmaster account.
- Use Google XML Site Map plug-ins.
- Check your analytics often. You may be surprised at what you see.